Thursday, March 29, 2012

Turkey Burger Patties

Yesterday I posted my recipe for whole wheat hamburger buns, and today I'm sharing the recipe for the turkey patties that accompanied those nice, fluffy buns.  These patties are pretty basic and are incredibly easy to make, but one thing they're not short on is flavor.

The good thing about these is that you can certainly spice them up depending on the flavor you want.  If you like a little extra heat go ahead and add some red pepper flakes, or add some soy sauce for a little tang.

Top them off with a few slices of tomato and some
lettuce and you're good to go!

The only change I made from the original recipe is including the whole egg, versus the two eggs whites only that were initially called for.  The egg yolk serves as a binder and holds the patties together, which you definitely need with these burgers.  They tend to get very slimy on you, so handle with care so they don't fall apart.  A spatula  will quickly become your friend when handling these patties because it makes it so much easier to maneuver them.




Turkey Burgers adapted from AllRecipes
(Printable Version)
3 lbs ground turkey
1/4 C seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 C finely diced onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing well.  Form into patties (I got 12).




You can cook these on the grill of course, but I cooked mine in a skillet on the stovetop.  Cook over medium heat, turning once, until internal temperature reaching 180 degrees.



Mmmm

1 comment:

  1. I make these a couple times a month! Great in my effort to cut some red meat out of Sam's diet, he loves them. I think I use the same recipe with small changes like a whole egg, Panko crumbs, purple onion & a little extra garlic {then brush my teeth soon after eating} ...soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan