Friday, March 16, 2012

Easy Parmesan and Sour Cream Chicken

Today I'm featuring yet another recipe I found on Pinterest.  Yes, again.  I'm sorry, but I just can't help it.  And you might as well get used to it, because I have this feeling that the trend will continue.

This chicken might possibly be the simplest thing I've ever made, but the short list of ingredients definitely doesn't mean it's short on flavor.   I added a few herbs, but still think the parmesan could carry this dish on it's own if you didn't want to bother with them.

I also switched up the original recipe just a tad.  The Enchanted Cook calls for the chicken to be smothered in mayo, but I didn't have any on hand so I used sour cream.  I thought it turned out great and so did the hubby (or so he said)!


This dish is perfect for a rushed evening where you don't have much time to prep a meal and need something on the table quick.  Not that I'm ever rushed or anything :)




Easy Parmesan and Sour Cream Chicken adapted from The Enchanted Cook
(Printable Recipe)
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1/4 C bread crumbs
1 tsp dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Prepare baking pan by lightly greasing.

Combine parmesan and bread crumbs in medium bowl.  Set aside.

Trim any extra fat from chicken.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Coat chicken with sour cream, then dip into parmesan, bread crumb and parsley mixture to coat.



In for a dip!

Place chicken into prepared pan and top with extra parmesan if desired.  Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

My favorite part is when the parmesan begins to melt some and it browns just a bit.  Yum!


Yep, that's it!  It really is that easy.  No joke.  Not lying.

4 comments:

  1. I made this a couple weeks ago. It was great. I am not a big sour cream guy, but it blended right in. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I split 6 meal preps with a friend at her church and was looking for something comparable to make again. They described the meal as:
    "Five boneless, skinless chicken breasts topped with a creamy, Parmesan onion dip, breadcrumbs, and melted butter. Serves 4-6 Thaw. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown." From the texture, I believe they used Ricotta and Panko crumbs. I used to make a dip with cream cheese, onion and Parmesan so I will have to try all these versions to decide. How sad for me... (not!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this but instead of using breadcrumbs I substituted crushed almonds. And I added paprika to the parmesan and almond mixture and it turned out FANTASTIC! My boyfriend and I could not get over how great it was, we regretted not making more! I will definitely be making this again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good recipe with nice presentation.Delicious and wonderful looking very nice and yummy..
    chowringhee satya niketan



    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan