Friday, August 24, 2012

Homemade Pita Chips

Pita chips are one of those foods that are so darn easy to plop into your cart at the grocery store that you have to wonder why in the world anyone would ever go to the trouble to make them on your own.  I was in that camp of thought until I came across a recipe from The Food Network that I just couldn't resist.  It received some pretty rave reviews and I needed something to pair with some hummus.

These chips were so easy to make and were so much better than store bought (in my humble opinion).  You can decrease the cooking time if you want them softer or leave them in a bit longer for a crisper/crunchier texture.  Your choice!

And since they're baked instead of fried you won't feel bad about eating a few more :)





Homemade Pita Chips adapted from The Food Network
Printable Version
3 pitas
olive or coconut oil
garlic salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut pitas into either 6 or 8 wedges, depending on how large you want your chips.

Arrange pita wedges on large baking pan and brush with oil.  You want enough oil to coat the pita, but not enough so that it's pooling or dripping all over the place.

Season pitas with garlic salt and pepper.  *If you don't want a garlic taste use regular table salt.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes depending on how crisp you want them.  Store in airtight container.



Poor Ellie Bear was about to die to get a chip.  Don't worry,
I gave her one when I got all my pics taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan