Monday, August 20, 2012

Best Ever Roasted Broccoli

I swear I'm done with the veggie streak after today.  Promise.  Not that I'm anything less than super stoked to be sharing this recipe.  Because it's simply divine, even if I do say so myself!  Plus, I tend to do a lot of sugary sweet recipes on this blog and it's always good to balance things out.

In the past I've always roasted broccoli with butter, salt and pepper.  And I might throw a few cloves of garlic in there.  But I've never used lemon on it.  I guess I've just never really thought of the two complementing each other.  I tried it for the first time with this dish and couldn't have been more pleased with the flavor.


This recipe couldn't be easier to throw together and will therefore be my new staple side dish for get-togethers.  And if you chop your broccoli before hand it literally takes a matter of minutes before it's ready for the oven.  Yes please!



Roasted Broccoli CCK Original
Printable Version
3 broccoli crowns, cut into medium-large pieces and thoroughly dried
4-5 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
*garlic salt
juice of 1 lemon
1/3 C finely grated parmesan cheese

*I used garlic salt instead of regular salt to give it flavor

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Toss together broccoli, olive oil, and minced garlic in large bowl.  Spread onto large roasting pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.  If you're using garlic salt add that now instead of the regular salt.  Don't use both or it will be too salty.

Roast 20-25 minutes or until crisp and tender.  You will be able to see some browning on the broccoli.

Keep an eye on the broccoli while it's roasting.  If you don't have enough olive oil on the broccoli it will begin to burn and will stick to the pan.  If this happens simply remove it from the oven, drizzle with additional oil, and return it to the oven.

Remove from oven and squeeze lemon over broccoli.  Add parmesan cheese.  Stir to make sure both of these ingredients have coated all the broccoli.

Serve immediately.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan