Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Carrots

Did you think I had completely abandoned the blog?  I haven't logged an entry in a full 7 days...yikes!  That's the longest lapse I've let go by in quite a while.  So sorry!

The hubs and I have spent the past few days doing a bit of traveling and vacationing and unfortunately it's not as easy to compose a post from my ipad as I thought.  I could do the text but inserting photos didn't exactly go as planned.  And thus the cyber crickets.

So I figured I'd better make my first post back a good one.  And oh a good one it is.  At least in my humble opinion.  These balsamic roasted carrots are a snap to throw together and are so big on flavor.  And in the spirit of being superficial I must say I just like the way they look so rustic.  Good thing they have the taste to back it up.

While I definitely enjoyed these veggies during these warm summer temps, I think they would also be perfect during the fall and winter.  I'm thinking right alongside the turkey late in November??



Next time I might add some other veggies in there too....if you end up doing so let me know how they turn out!


Balsamic Roasted Carrots CCK Original
Printable Version
7 medium carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cinnamon
parsley flakes (dried or fresh)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place carrots on large baking pan.  Combine vinegar, oil and brown sugar.  Mix well.  Drizzle over carrots and toss to coat.

Season carrots with salt and pepper to taste.  Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over carrots.  (It will probably be easier to sprinkle it directly from the shaker.)


Roast carrots 20-25 minutes, depending on size.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley to taste. Serve immediately.

Roasting them brings out so much flavor.

Easy peasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan