Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Links

Morning!  I decided to switch it up today and bring you an array of links to some recipes that I am dying to try.  I haven't ventured out with new recipes a lot lately, mostly because it doesn't make much sense to cook a huge fancy meal for just me, myself and I.  At this point it's easier to just whip up a sandwich or throw some salmon in the oven and call it a night.  I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you don't really care for me to share my peanut butter sandwich recipe from last night.

But this will all change here very shortly.  When I get married I fully plan on cooking a decent dinner most week nights.  Yes I'm sure life will get in the way more often than I would like for it to (and you married ladies are probably getting a nice snicker out of this goal of mine because you know how hectic life will indeed get), but that is my plan as of now.  Some people may see it as old fashioned and stereotypical, but I would be thrilled to be the wife that cooks up a nice dinner every night all while wearing a cute apron.  I don't cook because I feel like I have to, but rather because I find it incredibly therapeutic.  It's one of my greatest loves.

Still, there will only be two of us so I will be doing scaled down versions of these recipes to ensure that we don't have gobs of leftovers.  Below are some of the recipes I'd like to try....

*Please note that all of these pictures are courtesy of the website to which I have linked.  I do not own the rights to them, and the respective bloggers/chefs certainly deserve the credit for these scrumptious confections.

Foil Baked Fish with Black Beans and Corn
I plan on cooking these babies the first night back from the Honeymoon.  I'm
going to go out on a limb and predict I'll probably eat my
weight in sweets on the 'moon, and this will be a nice and light (but still tasty)
meal to get us back on track once we come home.


Spaghetti Squash
I had spaghetti squash for the first time ever (yes, ever) when I went out to
eat for my birthday this year.  Ever since I've been hooked!  It's a wonderful healthy
option that is packed full of flavor.  Yes, please!


Chicken Enchiladas
Can you tell I love Pink Parsley?  Yeah, it's one of my favorite food blogs of all time.  No
joke.  You should check it out.  These chicken enchiladas look absolutely divine.  The local
Mexican restaurant is just wonderful, so I'm a little nervous to try to compete 
with their grub, but it's worth a shot :)


Zucchini Cakes
Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies, and I love the idea of putting
it in patti form.  I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet those who
aren't as big on veggies would be more likely to try this as opposed to
plain 'ole zucchini.  Delish!


Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll-ups
I'm pretty sure everyone loves lasagna, but it can often seem a bit redundant.  Yes,
it's fabulous and you love every bite, but sometimes a different variation
can keep things interesting.  These chicken and cheese lasagna roll-ups do the trick 
for me!  Simple enough so that everyone is still going to love it, yet
different enough to keep them guessing.


Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
You know I couldn't feature links without including a dessert, right?  So many desserts, while
unbelievably delicious, require a bevy of steps and utensils and leave
your kitchen in a mess.  The name of this dessert says it all...it's a giant cookie
made right in one lone skillet.  Plus, since you make it right then and there everyone
gets to dig in while it's warm :)  Sigh.

What recipes are you looking to try?  Any that you'd like to see featured here?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan