Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Links ~ Fun Recipes for the 4th

Okay, so I know it's not the 4th of July just yet, but this is the last "Friday Links" post that I'll be able to do before this holiday rolls around next week.  Pinterest has been filled with absolutely adorable edible options for this day and I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.  I'm still deciding what to take to a get together I'll be attending on that day, but I'll be sure to share my confection of choice with you next week.  Stay tuned!

I'm absolutely loving this patriotic pie, complete with 
stars and stripes made from the pastry dough.  The fruit also keeps
this dish light enough to be a good options for warmer
weather.  


Marshmallow firecrackers sure to be hit amongst your youngsters.  Mix 
up the colored sprinkles to create a few of each shade and 
some that include all three.  Chubby bunny anyone?


Twizzler firecracker sets!  These require very simply assembly leaving
you time to attend to the million other things on your to-do
list before the guests arrive.  Because these are
so easy you can also enlist the kiddos to help with this one.


One of my favorites.  I just want to snatch that puff pastry star
right off the top and then dig down into that creamy goodness below.
Make sure to store these inside in cooler temps!


Another options that takes advantage of all the great in-season fruit.  These are
classic white cake that has been died red, but I'm sure you could
also do a red velvet cake too :)


Um, yes please!  Buy (or bake) a pound cake and cube it up
along with beautifully arranged fruit for this trifle.  So pretty
that your guests almost won't want to dig in!



What's on your to-make list for the 4th??  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan