Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday's Tips, Tricks and Tid-Bits ~ Measuring Gooey Ingredients

I got the idea for today's post as I was baking my peanut butter oatmeal muffins I posted about yesterday.  You know when you have to measure something sticky or gooey (such as shortening or peanut butter or honey) and you can NEVER get it all scraped out of the cup??  And then everything else you measure sticks to the gooey mess as well?  I know, so incredibly frustrating.

And then on top of that mess you can never seem to wash it out of the measuring cup either.  It just sticks to your sponge and smears around everywhere.




The good news is there's a quick and easy fix to this.....just lightly spray the measuring cup with Pam first.  A quick spritz keeps the ingredient from sticking and it slides right out.  Just make sure not to spray too much Pam or it will make your ingredient(s) oily.

Ladies and gentlemen, please see Exhibit A below....


Ta da!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan