Thursday, November 1, 2012

Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies

Is this funfetti overload?  I realize today's post might be a bit much since I just did a post on Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge last week.  But these cookies were so delicious that I couldn't help continuing the trend......

Apparently October is popular for birthdays in my family, as my mom, sister and grandmother all have their special day during the month.  I had already agreed to make a pound cake for our breakfast brunch, but also wanted to bring something else.  A sweet something else on the side.  I had a friend in high school who made the most amazing cake mix cookies, so I thought funfetti cake mix cookies might hit the spot.






These cookies are based on the cult favorite funfetti cake mix, so they don't take too long to make it from the bowl to the oven to your tummy.  Four ingredients, eight minutes in the oven.

I added a bit of cornstarch to these as I've found that doing so keeps cookies soft and fluffy.  You could really use any cake mix you'd like....I think next time I might try red velvet!

Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies adapted from Pillsbury
Printable Version
1 (18.9 oz) box Funfetti Cake Mix
2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 C oil
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease large baking sheet and set aside.

Combine all ingredients in order in large bowl.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls spaced 2 inches apart.  Slightly flatten the tops with the back of a spoon.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown.
*I like my cookies soft so I tend to take them out of the oven when they still look a little under-done.

Remove from oven and cool on pan for 1 minute.  Remove to wire wrack to cool completely.


 


3 comments:

  1. I just tried this recipe and the cookies came out great! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the link to this on Pinterest! Can't wait to try, Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan