Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Links

I'm not sure if this will be a weekly thing, or more of a fill in when I find some nice posts I want to share with everyone....we'll see.  I have a terrible habits of having to check certain food blogs every.single.day religiously, waiting for the blogger to post new recipes.  And most importantly, new recipes with delicious looking pictures that make me want something like a big slab of chocolate cake at 9 AM.

So here we go!  Today's link theme is appetizers.  Everyone is always searching for the perfect appetizer recipe, so here are a few of my all time faves.  Enjoy!

The first is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks (LOVE her!).  This is a Pineapple Mango Salsa, and is a nice fresh alternative to your traditional tomato based salsas out there.  Pair this with a Skinny Girl Margarita and you've got yourself a meal.  Well, almost.



Next is Goat Cheese Bruschetta from Pink Parsley Catering.  I love goat cheese because of how tangy it is.  It really gives the bruschetta a wonderful flavor.  This appetizer is filling, but still light.


This one was a new one for me.  Cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapenos from Brown Eyed Baker.  Bacon makes everything better, and with cream cheese you can make anything taste amazing, so I can't wait to try these!


Last but not least, I must include a something on the sweet side.  I used to eat cookie dough by the spoonful when I was younger (and still do), so I had a small panic attack when I found this recipe.  This is a Cookie Dough Dip by How Sweet It Is.  How yummy does that look?  Pair it with some animal crackers or Teddy Grahams and you're good to go.


What appetizer recipe are you dying to try?  Let me know and I'll try to feature it.

Last, but not least I have some news....I'M ENGAGED!  Hopefully I'll be able to take some time over the next 10 months to really up my skills in the kitchen so the hubby doesn't starve :)  That also means that I'll probably feature wedding cake or food on here a bit as well.

I'll be making red velvet cupcakes this weekend for a coworker's birthday, so stay tuned for the post on those yummy little cups of love.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan