Monday, October 22, 2012

Thai Peanut Sauce

Are you ready for the worst excuse ever for my absence these last two weeks?  Revenge.  As in all 22 episodes (and bonus features of course) from Season 1.  My mom had ordered the DVD set a while back and loaned it to me last Sunday.  I had only seen bits and pieces from an episode or two, but once I started the series I might as well have been sucked into a vortex.

My poor husband didn't really get anything all that special for dinner because I was too busy glued to the TV.  A bowl of cereal and 45 minutes of this soap opera trumped a made from scratch meal and blogging every day for the last 14 days.  Whoops.

But hopefully today you'll accept my peace offering: a quick and easy version of Thai peanut sauce that doesn't skimp on flavor in the least.  I know peanut sauce isn't exactly something you're probably itching to make at home, but it's so much better than the bottle store bought version and it makes a great addition to so many dishes.



I added some of this sauce to a meal of quinoa, chicken and veggies, but you could easily serve it on it's own as a dipping sauce.  Or you just might want to lick it off the spoon [guilty].

I adapted the below version by cutting down the amount of sugar added (the original called for 3/4 C) and might consider cutting down the salt next time.  

This sauce freezes beautifully, so don't worry if you don't polish off the entire quantity the recipe yields.  

กินเกลี้ยง 

(that's "Eat up!" in Thai)


13.5 oz can coconut milk
2 oz (approximately 1/4 C) Thai red curry paste
3/4 C natural creamy peanut butter (kind with oil on top)
1/2 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar

Bring to a gentle boil and turn down heat.  Allow simmer, whisking constantly, for 3-5 minutes.  Allow to cool slightly before serving.



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from those who stop by to take a gander at the blog! Feedback and comments of all kinds are always greatly appreciated :)

Love,
Morgan